Monday, March 1, 2010

PEACE... I think I'm finally getting "it"!

PEACE... We all want it.. We search for it.. Yearn for it... And are most times feeling like we NEVER get it. But what is PEACE, real peace? Is it a feeling? Is it just one minute of quiet that we sometimes have to get by locking ourselves in the bathroom? Is it really attainable in our busy lives? In my bible, (New Spirit Filled Life Bible) there are 45 scriptures that refer to peace. God tells us.. He will give us peace, (Num. 6:26), He tells us to lie down in peace, (Psl. 4:8) He tells us to speak it, pursue it and to make peace with all men, (Ezek 7:25, Ps 34:14, 1Thes 5:13). He says Jesus is the Prince of Peace (Isa 9:6) that He came to bring us Peace, (Matt 10:34) that He will multiply our Peace, (Dan 4:1) that there will one day be Peace on Earth (Lk 2:14). But how do we know when we have it, really HAVE PEACE? Well I think I'm finally getting it, because I have a calmness, an assurance in my soul, an indescribable PEACE. And what the Father has been showing me is that Peace, His PERFECT PEACE comes by TRUSTING in Him. It comes by drawing nearer to Him DAILY. It comes by KNOWING who He IS and by discovering for myself how much He REALLY LOVES ME!!! He delights himself in ME! He pursues ME. He dances over ME! He sees ME as His daughter who He will never ever give up on. The same God who created the UNIVERSE is also concerned about, cares for, listens to, desires more than anything a personal relationship with ME! WOW! And guess what? HE Wants that with every single one of YOU too! Thank you Lord for the gift of Peace you give to me as I trust more completely in You. (Another "duh" moment here for me!!)

Word from "Jesus Calling" for today:

When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, Come to Me and talk about it. Bring Me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving saying "Thank you Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more". Though lessons of trust I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the cost.
Well developed trust will bring you many blessings, not the least of which is MY PEACE. I have promised to keep you in Perfect Peace to the extent that you trust in Me. The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having enough money, possesions, insurance and security systems. MY PEACE however, is such an all-encompassing gift that it
is independent of all circumstances. Though you lose everything else, if you gain My Peace you are rich indeed.
Phil 4:6, Isa 26:3

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the PEACEFUL moment, Co. I think you have REALLY GOT IT! It is an ongoing, daily, putting my trust in HIM, leaning NOT on my own understanding...cause, I really have no understanding unless, it comes from Him too. Thanks for passing on to us how to GET IT!

    ReplyDelete