Saturday, March 20, 2010

Holy Spirit Come

I started my walk with Jesus in 1988, accepting Him into my heart at the invitation of one of the greatest orators of Gods Word, Pastor Jack Hayford. I read the word, listened to people speak, tried to understand to the best of my ability. But there was always something missing, something that didn't make the Word "alive" to me. Then one day Pastor Jack spoke on the Holy Spirit. He said, inviting the Holy Spirit to dwell within you, would open your eyes to Gods Words, and enable our hearts to have the power of Gods word made manifest in us. WOW. I wanted that. So I started to find out more about this "Holy Spirit" and I read "Good Morning Holy Spirit" by Benny Hin, and did what he and Pastor Jack said.. I started each morning by asking the Spirit of the Living God to come dwell within me. To open my eyes and ears to hear His word. To bring to life, Gods word. I didn't necessarily believe it, I just did it. But Jesus tells us you only need faith the size of a mustard seed, (have you seen a mustard seed? It's so so tiny), and I had that. Consistently I did this, not really noticing a difference for awhile, but it was a gradual change of my heart. But that is how the Holy Spirit is.. It is Jesus' Spirit He sent to dwell with us... Gentle, softly coaxing, the sweet sweet Presence of Him. Till one day I noticed a difference in how the Word of God was suddenly jumping out at me. His scriptures seemed to penetrate my heart. I no longer felt I was JUST reading a book. But Jesus was speaking to me, literally to ME, through this book that had been written thousands of years ago. But it wad as if it was written today... and written especially for me, for whatever I was going through that day! I tell you all, I don't know HOW it works, I just KNOW it works. I am proof of that. God delivers on His promises! The word became alive to me, my undertanding of it was increased. It became manifest IN ME. It was as if a veil had been lifted from my eyes and a blockage had been removed from my ears. Honest!! I am NOT lying. And it is still alive to me today, I can feel His sweet Spirit in me daily.. And I am forever changed! Thank you Holy Spirit... Forever You'll remain in my heart.
Jesus Calling says this today:
Thank Me for the glorious gift of My Spirit. This is like the priming of the pump of a well. As you bring Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving, regardless of hoe you feel, My Spirit is able to work more freely within you. This produces more thankfulness and more freedom until you are overflowing with gratitude. I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don't perceive them. When your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts. In faith, thank Me for whatever is preoccupying your mind. This will clear the blockage so that you can find Me.
2Cor 5:5. 2Cor 3:17
This weekend I get to hear Pastor Jack at New Hope, my church. I am so excited to hear what he has to teach
me. And so happy that my ears and eyes will be wide open because I say, "Come Holy Spirit, Come."

No comments:

Post a Comment