Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Keep it simple, stupid.

A whisper. Such a simple little thing, yet so powerful in setting your day up for blessings. Whisper His Name.. call out to Jesus even in the quietest voice, a whisper, He hears you. Even in the smallest little thing, He shows us He is here. The smile on ur childs face, a bright bed of blooming flowers, an unexpected contact with an old friend, or a word of encouragement from a complete stranger. He is HERE. In "Jesus Calling" Sarah Young puts it into perspective on how God wants us to face this day....

"Instead of trying to fit this day into a preconceived mold, relax and be on the lookout for what I am doing. This mindset will free you to enjoy Me and to find what I have planned for you to do. This is far better than trying to make things go according to your plan. Don't take yourself so seriuosly. Lighten up and laugh with Me. You have Me on your side, so what are you worried about? I can equip you to do absolutely anything today, as long as it is in My will. The more difficult your day, the more I yearn to help you. Anxiety wraps you in yourself, trapping your thoughts. When you look to Me and WHISPER My Name, you break free and recieve My help. Focus on Me, and you will find Peace in My Presence."
Phil 4:13. Prov 17:22

So simple a thing to do, whisper. That's all it takes and the God of the Universe comes running to listen. That is one if the things I LOVE about Jesus... He sees, hears and loves the simple things, the smallest things, the quietest things we do for Him and towards Him. When I was in AA and CA a long time ago, they used to have a saying, "Keep it simple stupid" and I'm not saying I'm stupid, not at all, but I am saying I GET the simpler things easier... I'm thinking I'm not the only one. And as long as I don't try to complicate things all up... Make everything into a BIG problem and just keep it simple... With a whisper of His Name, I can accomplish anything today. Yay Simplicity!! Yay Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Love IT (the word for today), love YOU, love JESUS!! A KISS is still a KISS! So, I'm sending you one, Co! And, I'm whispering His name...cause I REALLY need to have Him near right now. Don't we ALL? ;o}

    ReplyDelete