Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy happy Joy joy

Going to see my dad and step mom again today. And after last time, I left feeling beat up, so wasn't too happy about having to go today again. So I pray and ask God to give me peace, give me strength, and give me His heart for them. Still not happy about going... But I read my word for today and it says:
LET ME HELP YOU THROUGH THIS DAY. The challenges you face are far too great for you to handle alone. You are keenly aware of your helplessness in the scheme of events you face. This awareness opens a choice; to doggedly go at it alone, or to walk with Me in humble steps of dependence. Actually this is a choice that is continually before you. But difficulties highlight the decision making process. So, consider it ALL JOY whenever you are enveloped in various trials. These are GIFTS from Me, reminding you to rely on Me alone.
Pslm 63:7-8; Jms 1:2-3

This is a hard one; to be happy with trials?!? But I get why... Cause we always lean more on, call out more, and ask for His help more during trials and tribulations. When we are happy and nothing is going wrong, we tend to spend less time with Him, we tend to not reach out to Him as much, and we go merrily on our way in our OWN strength. I do anyway.. Figuring some of you are like me in this area. One
important thing to remember always is that we need Him every moment of every day! Humble steps of dependence... Joyful for the trials ahead of me that are teaching me, He is right beside me. Actually He is everywhere in the
situation... He goes before me, making a way, He is behind me, guarding my back ( our rear guard), and He is right beside me always. Okay NOW I'm JOYFUL about going to the hospital to see my
dad. It's all in Gods control.

No comments:

Post a Comment