Friday, March 12, 2010

Thanks Wally

Today I'm just flat TIRED! I've been busy every night this week and every day too. Barely got any nap time which for this body and mind is necessary. So because I'm so tired of course the first thing that happens this morning is instead of after making coffee, (1st priority!) then going outside to savor that coffee and listen to what God is saying to me today, my mind immediatly started to go to "that" place. The place where I just wanna go back to bed. The place where I'm doubting everything, if my new business venture, although an amazing opportunity to potentially provide me and tons of others financial freedom as well as freeing up time, I am doubting it will work for me. Because I'm tired, I sat there thinking of reasons why I shouldn't even continue this blog. You know where your mind goes when ur exhausted. Uuuhhhgg. Even the word didn't pop me out of it. I'm TIRED! so I went back to bed. Slept for another 40 min or so and was woken up by my text message alarm going off. It was my friend, brother in the Lord, and my Director my new business, Wally. I don't feel like texting back, besides I can't find my glasses to read what I'm texting, so I call him.
Wally, as usual, had been meditating on the Word a little, Psalm 13, and now is ready to get going on the day, and coaching me to do the same, and I'm TIRED! so I start giving him my "why's and reasons" that this isn going to work for me and he never plays into it, but just keeps moving forward our conversation telling me, coaxing me, ingraining it in my head... Co it's too simple and easy and needed, to "not" work! And most people in the U.S. will have this service eventually whether you are the one to provide them with or not. And Co, I know you CAN do this! He talked some more, gently moving me out of that crappy mind set, and then he prayed.... That was when it all broke for Me! Just him simply bringing our day to the Father. Asking the Lord to direct our steps, to give us the strength to endure, to put people in our path that we can bless and do it ALL for the furthering of GODS KINGDOM. And thanking Him for All of His provision this day to do what needs to be done, in Jesus name. And we were done.

After setting a time to meet with Wally, I freshened up my cup o jo and came outside and opened up my blog page to write. Now I know I don't have Jesus Calling on here today, it's just me. Simple, boring, unedited, me. But I know I'm not the only one who wakes up discouraged or tired and ready to write off the day before it even begins. I'm just guessing that I'm not the only one who has been discouraged and doubtful. And I also know that I'm not the only one who knows how a little encouragment from a friend can do so much for you. And how even the smallest, simplest prayer is heard and answered. And it's my desire here to, if I can, be your coach, your encourager today, like Wally was for me today. Then I read psalm 13. It says:
How long o Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me O Lord my God; enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; lest my enemy say, "I have prevailed against him"; Lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But I have
trusted in Your Mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt Bountifully with me.

Ok so I started out whining, feeling conquered, wondering how long would this last, and then once I turned my eyes back to Jesus, trusting Him again today, that is when my attitude shifted. Because of the evidence, the knowledge I have that He is the only One who has given to me above and beyond anything I could ever imagine for myself in the past, and the Only One who will continue to fullfil the desires
of my heart today and in all my tomorrows.
With Christ, you can do ANYTHING!

1 comment:

  1. Did you notice how this day's message followed yesterday's message? Yesterday was so UP, and this day's message was way DOWN (to begin with). This, of course, is NOT coincidental! When we are being used, by God, to minister to others, to be instrumental in encouraging other potential "encouragers", it is the agenda of the enemy of our soul to DIScourage us! Thankfully, "greater is He Who is in us, than he who is in the world"! But, if we allow the enemy to influence us, by buying into his tricks, we have given him the victory, albeit temporary, and kind of taken one step forward, but then 2 steps back. Learning to recognize, discern, when this is happening, nip it in the bud, by "resisting the devil, so that he will flee from you". What a great example of how important it is to stay "connected" to the Body of Christ. We are strengthened by other believers who will come alongside us, and give a timely Word! Great message, Co!!

    ReplyDelete