Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm tired today

Today I'm really tired... had really really strange dreams last night plus I think I pulled my cpap mask off in the middle of the night. (if any of you following don't know, I have sleep apnea), so that is probably another reason I'm tired today... Whatever the reason once again, like clockwork, the enemy immediatly tries to wedge his way into my sleepy tired brain and my thoughts were not so good first thing this morning. But praise God as I take this daily step of "renewing" my mind with the washing of His Word.. It doesn't take so long to bring my little human wandering brain back in line. That is how habits are formed, right? Good ones and bad ones. By doing them daily... Or repetitively, over and over till our brains "get it!" then it becomes easier and easier to do... Or harder and harder to break, depending on what you are training your mind on... The good thoughts or the bad ones. I heard a very successful man say the other day..."the simple things are easy to do... They are also easy NOT to do..." just like trying to eat right daily.. You usually start out with good intentions, then you miss a day and eat at Mickey D's... Then you go some days doing good... Then you mess up two days in a row due to whatever excuse you make up... Then it becomes easier and easier to just fall back into your old habits. Your old patterns. Pretty soon you're don't care at all about what you put in your mouth and you're right back where you were... Beating yourself up and feeling like crud physically and mentally. And if you stay there long enough you'll end up not caring at all about anything. The same can be said about taking the time daily to pray or talk and LISTEN to God... It really can take as little as 5-15 minutes of your day to start... not long at all to spend with your Creator... He certainly is worthy of more than that, but keep it simple to begin with... You're more likely to continue doing it because it you keep it simple. Pray, read His Word and then Listen to what He is saying to you... If you don't know what you're listening for, if you think God doesn't talk to you, you're wrong. He is that still, quiet little voice inside your head that you've squashed, that you've silenced for so long... He is the one that is saying "you are precious My daughter. You are the apple of My eye.. The one I love with a love everlasting. The ONE I sent My Son to die for... Hear Me whispering My words of love to you, and if you sit still and try to listen every day, one day My voice, My words of LOVE to you will be a SHOUT in your mind... So audible you can't deny it, can't mistake it and can't LIVE without it!! You are the desire of My heart my love and I
want to be the desire of yours. Trust Me with all your heart even, ESPECIALLY, when you are tired... If all you can do is utter... "I trust You
Jesus" then do so. Because I hear you Always, and your cries are not a small little whisper in My ears. I KNOW your voice... I listen for it daily, every minute, every second...because I am the Lover of Your Soul... Can you hear Me?"
It's the simple things that are easy to do, but if done over a period of time, are the MOST rewarding. So today Lord, even in my tiredness, I fix my mind on You.. I hear You and Your voice is starting to become so loud and clear in my head, I trust You Jesus, to complete me.. To fulfill me, and as I daily listen for You, I KNOW one day my Lover's Words will be a SHOUT in my heart.
Jeremiah 29:13-14, Phil 4:13 Prov 1:33

No comments:

Post a Comment