Saturday, March 27, 2010

Before you pray...stop and perform a "heart check"

This is so GOOD to remember... Check your heart daily as you come to God in prayer. Check your heart and make sure you're not just praying for what you can "get" from Him, but that you're coming to Him, conversing with Him, spending time with Him, because this time spent with "the Lover of your Soul", just being in His Presence, listening to His "heart", is what you truly desire more than anything in this world. 
Paraphrase of "Jesus Calling" says it this way... "Be still in My Presence, even though countless tasks clamor for your attention. Nothing is as important as spending time with Me. Do not seek Me primarily for what I can give you. Remember that I, the Giver, am infinitely greater than any gift I may impart on you. Although I delight in blessing My children, I am grieved when My blessings become "idols" in their hearts. Anything can become an idol if it distracts you from Me as your "FIRST LOVE". As you wait in My Presence, enjoy the greatest gift of all: Christ in you, the Hope of Glory!"
Wow...what a Reality check for me this morning as I was just going to pray for all the things I "need".... Then I read that. And it is so true... In life and with God... If all you desire truly is what someone can "give" to you... It makes you very selfish, and eventually, very lonely.. Cause who wants to be friends, or in a relationship, with someone like that? Hmmmm?      

No comments:

Post a Comment