Thursday, March 11, 2010

Step by step God is Amazing me

Do you think once you're " born again" that you can be "born again" and again? Because I sure feel like I am on that same "high" that I was when I accepted Jesus into my heart for the first time. That was over 20 years ago but I can tell you, everything feels fresh and new to me today when I look at Him. When I read His Word. It's like getting it for the first time. And I can also tell you that in the 20+ years since I first gave my heart to Jesus, I have left His path a few times. And I mean WAY OFF the path.. I never stopped loving Him... But I definitly walked off the narrow path a few times. So maybe sometimes it is like being re-born when you come back to Him, re-commite yourself. But after that, maybe it's just that "glory to glory" thing that He takes you through as you seek and grow closer to Him. Whatever it is, I LIKEY!!
He shows Himself to me in so many ways it amazes me again and again. He shows Himself to me time after time, in tune with my thoughts and my desires and my needs. He's my BFF! The God of the Universe does take time to listen to ME! I mean there are no words to describe knowing that, I mean REALLY KNOWING in your heart, soul, mind and spirit that God LOVES YOU. Like the song says... Indescribable, Undeniable, You Are Amazing God!
My prayer when I first sat down to talk to Jesus this morning was this " Lord use me today for Your glory. Annoint and appoint my steps keep me on Your path as I go on through my day today." That simple.. And then I opened up Jesus Calling and He said to me, (and you)...

"Walk by faith not by sight. As you take steps of faith, depending on Me, I will show you how much I can do for you. If you live your life too safely you will never know the thrill of seeing Me work through you. When I gave you My Spirit, I empowered you to live beyond your natural ability and strength. That is why it is wrong to measure you energy level against the challenges ahead of you. The issue is not YOUR STRENGTH but MINE, which is limitless. By walking close to Me you can accomplish My purposes in My strength"
2Cor 5:7, Gal 5:25

See what I mean!!! How does that make any sense? That the answers, or the "how to" or the assurance that I was being listened to when I
said that short little, nothing big, prayer, would be there immediatly when I opened up the devotional? See it's stuff like that.... The little things God is concerned about in me as well as handling the rest of the universe. INDESCRIBLE AMAZING GOD. That's all I'm sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Funny you wrote about about being "reborn" after your born again, I've always felt that way!!!. I go through that, where I read the same scripture but it hits me in a new way every single time and the love just grows that much more. Love your blog, it's so refreshing to read it everyday! Keep up the great work.
    AMY :)

    ReplyDelete