Monday, March 15, 2010

When is Enough really Enough?

For some reason I thought about the word ENOUGH this morning. When will I have enough, when will I get enough, I've had enough, enough is enough! Being a Christian, Jesus, God, is supposed to be ENOUGH for me. So why do I worry about ENOUGH? So I decided to take the word and search scriptures to make an acronym and to engrave it in my heart and mind that HE IS ENOUGH for me! There were plenty more scriptures I found to make this little acronym, but maybe you can search your concordance to read the other scriptures that go with the words I've come up with and engrave it in your heart that HE IS ENOUGH for you too!

ETERNAL
NEVER
OWN
UNDERSTANDING
GRACE
HOPE

E... God gives us ETERNAL life (Titus 1:2)
N... He will NEVER leave us (Heb 13:5)
O... He calls us His OWN (John 1:11, 13:1)
U... His is UNDERSTANDING (Psl 147:5)
G... God's GRACE is sufficent for us (2Cor 12:9)
H... God gives us future HOPE (1Pet. 3:15)

So this is when enough IS enough. Now I know.

1 comment:

  1. I think THAT is ENOUGH for me, right now! Or, maybe I will NEVER get ENOUGH OF HIM! YEAH, I think THAT is it!!! There will NEVER be a time when I have ENOUGH of Him, because there is ALWAYS MORE of Him to have! Hmmmm! Greedy little girl, aren't I? It is just that He is SO GOOD that a little taste always leaves me wanting MORE OF HIM! ;O} But, that's just ME!

    ReplyDelete