Thursday, March 18, 2010

One day at a time

One day at a time... This was the most repeated motto in AA. And alot of the time, for us addicts, it was one minute at a time. Jesus tells us over and over again the same thing. And for good reason... I find if I start thinking about ALL my problems, situations, things I need to get done in the weeks ahead, my brain goes on overload and just totally fritzes out!! My heart gets heavy with the stress. I get depressed and it all becomes just too much for me. I shut down, give up, and feel like a failure. Sometimes I wonder if God wired us that way? Because He knew we would most likely not call out to Him until we were at the end of our ropes, hanging on by a thread. But no matter if that was how or why He wired us that way, He tell us that He will provide us a way of escape. And that He will ALWAYS take care of our needs, our pains, our tribulations. He doesn't say we won't have them, but He promises He will always walk thru it with us and be carry us if need be, and provide us with the strength to get thru to the other side of any situation. He doesn't even "require" you to do anything in return, He can handle everything perfectly fine without you. BUT Jesus does ASK us to "come to Him" "to trust Him" "to obey His commandments". But it is our choice to do so or not. It is one of the marvelous gifts God gave us.... Free will to choose. So today I WILL my will to TRUST in Jesus. He is not a man, He is GOD. He does not and cannot lie. And He promises He will take care of our needs and never leave us or forsake us. My responsibility is to do the necessary steps for the tasks, problems, situations that I can, then Surrender my will to Him and give Him all the honor, power and glory and thanks for doing what He says He will. TRUSTING He WILL come thru for Me, all the time, every time. And it's been my experience in my life, He ALWAYS does what He promised. In His Time.

To paraphrase Jesus Calling today, "Trust Me one day at a time. This keeps you close to Me, responsive to Me. Exert your will to trust Me in all your circumstances. Don't let your need to understand distract you from My Presence. I will equip you thru this day, victoriously! Tomorrow is busy worrying about itself. Trust Me ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Psl 84:12. Matt 6:34

Psalm 84:12 says " blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord". I don't know about you, but I want to be blessed, every minute of every day. One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Not that it needs more said, cause you said it very well, however, just to sum it up, my life Scripture says;
    "Trust in the Lord, with ALL YOUR HEART, and lean NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING, but in ALL YOUR WAYS acknowledge Him, and HE WILL DIRECT YOUR PATHS"
    Proverbs 3:5,6

    ReplyDelete