Sunday, February 28, 2010

A much needed discipline from My Father... Ouch

So here I am, I started this blog because I had been posting my thoughts on Facebook and my friends had been responding with such positive affirming messages. That my thoughts and the words God had given me about His word and how it applied to my life, was touching them, ministering to them, and amazing them. Well how quickly I would crave more of that praise, that affirmation. Within less than a week of doing this, I started looking forward to those messages from my friends, affirming ME, more than hearing from God what He wants
to tell me, to tell us. Prideful me! And when the messages didn't come on yesterdays post, I was a little hurt, a little mad, and soooo wrong in feeling all of that! So last night in my last prayer to God before going to sleep I repented for my selfish thoughts and said to God keep me from getting prideful, getting all "puffed up" with those thoughts of " look what I said, look what I did for them" and help me to keep me focused only on Your affirmation, not mans (or woman's in this case). Because it is ALL about You Lord and NOT about me. So in my devotional,Jesus Calling, today the Word came back to me, and here is what He says:

Stop judging and evaluating yourself, for this is not your role. Above all, stop comparing yourself with other people. This produces feelings of pride, inferiority; sometimes both. I lead each of My children along a path that is uniquely tailored for him or her. Comparing is not only wrong, it is meaningless.
Don't look for AFFIRMATION in the wrong places; your own evaluations or those of other people. The ONLY source of real affirmation is MY unconditional Love. I DIED FOR YOUR SINS so that I might clothe you in My garment of praise. This is how I see you: RADIENT IN MY ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. Be receptive to ONLY My affirmation, which flows continually from the throne of Grace.

Wow!! His love and concern for every single detail, thought, weakness in my life amazes me daily. Thank you Lord for SEEING Me, all of me, the good, bad, beautiful and ugly, me and loving me enough to correct me. Keep me focused and fixed on ONLY affirmation from You and help me to speak your words only. That I might see your glory reflecting back at me through my sisters eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment