Friday, February 26, 2010

Trust issues

started posting my thoughts on my walk with the Lord on Facebook but not all of u are on there. I am in the process of setting up a blog site but until then I just wanted to reach out to you girlfriends to encourage, uplift and draw nearer to Him. Here is today's writing
Today's word in Jesus Calling is for me and you!
"I am leading you, step by step, through your life. Hold My Hand in trusting dependence, letting Me guide you through this day. Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy-even precarious. That is how it should be. Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things ARE secret things. When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are MINE. This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebelion; doubting My promises to care for you. Whenever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me. I will show you the next step, and the one after that, and the one after that. Relax and enjoy the journey in My Presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go.
Deut 29;29 (read this scripture. So good!) Pslm 32:8

There seems to be this recurrent theme He is trying to get across to us girlfriends... Don't worry and trust Him. As women I think we have to keep being reminded of these things, and this why, at least for me... I have TRUST issues!! Especially with men. And, unfortunately just about every man that has been in my life has done something to me to cause this lack of trust in me. So to learn to trust in Jesus, and our Father in Heaven, well let's just say, it's a BIG thing for me. And then also as women, mothers, wives whatever role we have taken on, we always "worried" about a million things. What to make for dinner, will we have enough money to buy the groceries for that dinner, will my child do good on that test today, does he find me attractive still, will I be alone forever?  OMG, the worries go on and on for years and years, right? So when He says "Trust Me and don't worry" that is
sometimes like telling us not to BREATHE! So darn hard, but yet so NECESSASARY to get this in order to live life in His Fullness otherwise He wouldn't keep telling us, right? Ok God I hear you. And I am so thankful for your loving patience that keeps on gently, (sometimes not so gently, like He has to hit me over the head with a frying pan sometimes cause, well cause i just don't listen!), reminding me to trust in the Lord with ALL my heart and lean not on my own understanding. In ALL my ways acknowlege Him and He shall direct my path. Proverbs 3:5

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are blogging now! I will be following :)Love the post. I struggle with having "TRUST" everyday. At the end of the day I remind myself that God has always provided and will continue to do so. It may not be what I want, but his will is always done! We love you Co!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so touched to read your blog. I too was there 9 months ago but I let the enemy win for a short time. I thought without a man my life had no meaning. As I woke up in hospital after attempting to never wake up, I reach out to Jesus as He said, With ME you will NEVER be alone. I have been attending Celebrate Recovery for 9 months now and I no longer worry about my future because I have Jesus. I will continue to keep you in my prayers sister! With much love!

    ReplyDelete