Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thankful living

Today my big brother Curtis would have been 56 years old. Before he passed away I took for granted that he would always be here with me. That I would always be able to call him and talk about anything and everything that was happening in my life. I never thought that he would go home to be with Jesus so early in his life, so there were times I went for weeks not calling him and didn't think a thing about it... Now that he's gone, I seem to want to call him ALL the time. You know the saying, you don't miss what you have till you lose it... It's so so true. God tells us to be thankful for EVERYTHING all the time... To focus on the good things and to LOVE one another, OFTEN. He tells us this because He knows how fleeting life really is and He knows where our minds go when we focus on ourselves only and only see the BAD in life.
Jesus Calling says it this way:
Bring Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving. Take NOTHING for granted, not even the rising of the sun. Thankfulness should be as natural as breathing. When you focus on what you don't have or on situations that displease you, your mind also becomes darkened. You take for granted life, salvation, sunshine, and countless other gifts from Me. You look for what is wrong and refuse to enjoy life till it is "fixed". When you approach Me with thanksgiving the light of My presence pours into you, transforming you through and through. WALK IN THE LIGHT with Me by practicing the discipline of thanksgiving.
Pslm 116:17. John 1:7
I don't want to miss one single minute of God's blessings.. His blessings are right here in front of us.. The sun, our families and friends, the very fact we're breathing... We owe to Him. Thank you Lord! Thank You for Your abundant blessings. Help me to not take anyone of them for granted again. And Curtis, save me a seat!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Co, for reminding me of HOW MUCH the Lord has blessed me! For starters...YOU! And for the 54+ years I had with Curtis as my son, and for your Sister, Carol Carmen, aka "Cc". And for my Grandaughters and Great-Grandkids! And, that is just for STARTERS! The MOST important blessing He has given me, is, of course, NEW LIFE...in CHRIST, MY LORD! He took ME out of that pit, Co, so I know what it is like...And He doesn't just leave it at that! He continues to RE-NEW me, step by step, as I yield my life to Him. One day, PRAISE GOD, He will look into this pool of molten gold, and scoop off the last of the dross in me, and see JESUS' FACE smiling back at Him. What an INCREDIBLE THOUGHT! So, thanks, my darling Daughter, for reminding me of all of this! And, I thank Him for the joy of knowing that you are "walking in the Truth"! I love you! Your Mommy

    ReplyDelete