Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can I get a witness?

They overcame by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of their TESTIMONY.
This weekend is our womens conference at New Hope. I have been in charge of "testimonies", women's stories of how they came to know our Lord, or how the overcame a difficult situation in life with the Lord, is how we apply the word, testimony, at our conferences. Our testimony is our story. The facts, what happened, what we did, how we did it... Everyone has a testimony. When people are asked to be a witness in court, they give their testimony as to what happened, what they saw, what they heard, what they did. Our history books are filled with the testimony of events that people wrote down and those words, their testimony, is how we know what happened back then. Testimonies in court are always checked against other witnesses or facts to make sure they are the truth as to what occurred.
In the Bible, in Exodus, God gave Moses the tablets with the ten commandments as a TESTIMONY to what He wanted Moses to tell the people.. Exodus 31:18 as proof that these words came from God. God tells us to keep His testimonies, He establishes A testimony in Jacob, Psalm 78:5. John the Baptist came exalting the name of Christ, testifying that Jesus was and is the Son of God confirmed by John testifying what he saw as he baptized Jesus in the Jordan river, and what God told him... And what was witnessed by others (John 3:32-34). And again he testifies to the certainty of his witness of God's Son, that Jesus Christ is Gods testimony sent to us, (1John 5:7-13)
My testimony is LONG... it's my life basically, filled with ups and downs, times away from God, times in His Holy Presence, but what I have learned is that those times I spent away from Him, He was NEVER away from me... Even in my dirtiest, sinful, shameful times, He was there.. And I never had to wait to be "perfect" for Jesus to accept me back into His fold... He was always just right there... Arms opened wide, tears of joy streaming down His face, running towards me, His prodigal daughter, the daughter who slept in the muck with the pigs... He didn't care... He was always there waiting for me, never giving up on me, never turning His back on me, and once I chose to take even one step towards Him... He RAN towards me... Showering me with Kisses and never reminding me of my shame and guilt, because Jesus, my Savior, My Redeemer, My Restorer, He paid the price for me, so God the Father, could look upon me forever with eyes of Love. That is my testimony... That is the testimony of ALL who believe in Jesus. What a glorious TESTIMONY we have in Jesus. My testimony, my life with Jesus, has had many witnesses that can coaberate my story. They saw these things I'm testifying to... Thank you Jesus for being MY TESTIMONY.. for being my Restorer, over and over again. Thank you for loving me just as I am, and helping me overcome what life throws at me, and sometimes what I do to myself. Thank you for my life in You.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT AN AWESOME GOD WE SERVE!! And what an AMAZING woman He is molding you to be, Collette! I am HUMBLED and GRATEFUL that He entrusted me to be your Mother! All I can say to Him, is "THANK YOU, LORD". Thank you, Co, for being true to His calling on your life, and being HIS TESTIMONY, that others may gain insight on how God can mold a Godly woman.

    ReplyDelete