Friday, April 2, 2010

In God We Trust

This morning i was on the phone with Medicare... They have found me ineligable for "extra help" with my presription drugs because my monthly income on permanent disability is a couple thousand more a year than poverty level. (which btw has not changed since 1989 even though the cost of living has increased immensly since then) I got this help for the last 5 years because the State of California, Medi-Cal, kicked in $8 a month to pay for my Part D plan. (actually i got it off and on ONLY when the prescription drug program and Medicare got their records straight that I had Medi-Cal too, which I had to fight with them over EVERY year at least twice a year) This year, California state Medi-Cal decided to stop doing that for all on SSI or SSDI and So my drugs that cost me $4-$9 each last year are now $4-$250!!! And 3 of the ones I take have no generic brand... So this means my blood pressure medication is now $72 instead of $8! My $9 a month diabetes shot is now $250!  And that is with me paying a premium to both Medicare and a prescription drug insurance program that's costing me $150 a month total. Now do you see why I do NOT beleive in a Government run medical health program! They already run one, have been for years, and every year that I have had to be on it, I have had these types of problems with it. What kind of mess will it be if they have millions more to deal with than just the elderly and the disabled?
Oh Lord, please keep my thoughts from worry, my eyes fixed on you, and my heart totally surrendered in TOTAL TRUST in YOU despite my circumstances. Oh, and Lord, I pray for the government officials that you will give them wisdom, knowledge and Eyes and ears to hear YOUR WILL in all they do and with laws brought before them as our elected officials.    

No comments:

Post a Comment