Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One of those weeks

juat having one of those weeks. Kind of down, kind of lonely, kind of just blah. Wanting to be in a relationship but God isn't bringing anyone directly to me. I know that I have to get my eyes on Him more and off of the future and what it may hold. I'm wondering what's going to happen with my house... Whether the mortgage will get modified, whether I'll ever be able to move back into it. Again, knowing I have to get my eyes on Him and off the future. Wondering if Alfred will ever get better or if his doctors will ever figure out exactly what's causing his problems. wondering whether my business will start taking off and if it will be soon. For some reason this week all my thoughts are "future directed" But without being "hopeful" without surrender. That isn't good and I know this... Lord help le to keep my eyes on you, keep my hope in you, and keep surrendering all to you. Because I know that is what is going to give me peace in the midst of all my wondering and questions and doubts. Help me to remember Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you... Plans of good and not of evil. Plans to bring you a hope and a future.

Should have read "Jesus Calling" BEFORE writing the above, because if course God knew exactly what I needed to hear today:
"As you look into the day that stretches out before you, you see many choice-points along the way. The myriad possibilities these choices present confuse you. Draw your mind back to the threshold of this day where I stand beside you, lovingly preparing you for what's ahead.
You must make you choices one day at a time, as each is contingent upon the decision that precedes it. Instead of trying to create a
mental map of your path through this day, focus on My Loving Presence with you. I will equip you as you go, so that you can handle whatever comes your way. Trust Me to supply you what you need when you need it."
Lam 3:22-26 Psl 34-8
Again... God telling me to FOCUS on Him alone and TRUST Him ALWAYS.

1 comment:

  1. I've had the roughest week of my life, so I understand how you feel. These are the times we grow so much more in our faith, through the trials. You are never alone, just know that you are loved by so many people and you've made a difference in lives. I see God working in you through your writing. Keep your head up and stay strong.

    God Bless
    AMY

    ReplyDelete