Monday, July 26, 2010

Climbing out

"There is nothing I can do to make Him love me more. Nothing that I do will make Him close the door." I cling to these words sung in one of my favorite songs. No matter how much I whine and complain.. No matter how often I crawl into my "hole", curling up in the fetal position, blankets over my head, in the darkness... Jesus will ALWAYS be there with me. But just as He is always there, know that there is also an enemy here on this earth that is also searching and seeking to destroy you. Oh you can keep him at bay, you can fill your thoughts with the Word, and you should. But just as you get "comfortable", let your guard down even for a moment, he WILL take that opportunity to try to pull you down again. He remembers all your weaknesses and where you have stumbled in the past and Satan will use that against you. What never ceases to amaze me, confuse me, is how I fall for it over and over again. But I'm only human, right? And many times the enemy comes "dressed in sheeps clothing". He comes "masked" as something we think will make us happy. And I don't give him all the credit...Much of it is my own fault, cause I've been here before and I should know better. But as I try to draw closer to the Lord, I am realizing that sometimes God allows these dark times to continue because it isn't until we are totally broken and bruised that we finally surrender and that is when He can really show His splendor and grace. I don't like that part... But it's a true fact about us, we want run the show... Never wanting to surrender our will, we're so stupidly stubborn. The good news is, no, the GREAT news is, GOD IS ALWAYS right there waiting for us to accept His tender, merciful, life-giving love, His plan for us. So He waits patiently for us to "take the blankets off", to stand up and start climbing out of the pit. Today, I feel a little better than yesterday, a little more hope, a lot more faith, and I feel LOVED by HIM... which is what I crave most...Tomorrow Jesus will be there again, holding His hand out for me to take hold of, as I continue to climb.
Co

1 comment:

  1. So well written, my Daughter! God has given you great insight into His love, His provision, His power! You are right about the enemy of our soul, seeking to destroy us, AND OUR WITNESS, of all that God has promised "whosoever believes on the Lord Jesus Christ will be saved".. DO remember one very importand Scripture verse in our on-going battle..JAMES 4:7 says; "Submit yourselves to God. RESIST THE DEVIL, and he will FLEE from you." In our weakest moments it may be difficult to remember that we have been given ALL POWER over him, and that when we do not ALLOW him the upper hand, when we say "NO" to the temptation, over and over again, verbally telling him to "get thee behind me, satan", in the NAME OF JESUS!! he must leave! And when we have resisted enough he will see that we mean it, and will cease trying his tactics on us in that area. Of course, he will go to another one of our weaknesses, and we will need to start over the process to get him OUT OF OUR LIVES, ONCE AND FOR ALL. But, better to try than to give in....right!? Keep on trusting the Lord, Baby! He WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU, NOR FORSAKE YOU! You are His beloved, and favored, Child! AMEN!

    ReplyDelete